Thursday, March 10, 2005

Return to Paradise

I got back at about 10:30 last night, 45 minutes late into Key West from Miami. I was in the embrace of the TSA for a total of 14 hours, including Albuquerque, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Miami, and Key West. The plane here from Miami was almost full, and it appeared to me that the great majority of the passengers were tourists, a mix of obvious Spring Breakers and more -- ahem -- "mature" tourists.

It's good to be back. The weather is clear and fresh after a couple of days of rain. I went to the Naval Medical Center early, right after Janet went to work, for lab work in preparation for a forthcoming six-month check-up at the VA Clinic. After the blood test, I drove around a bit, went to the Post Office to clean out the P.O. Box, and stopped at the Coffee Plantation. There's no big news from there.

I'm on my way to the KW City Ambassador session for today. We'll be hearing from the Fire Department and get a tour of the (relatively) new Central Fire Station on Truman Ave.

There should be time to post a bit in the next couple of days.

Welcome back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!

- Mark from Kentucky

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!

- Mark from Kentucky

 
Use OpenDNS