Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Hedy Lamarr of Early TV

I got sidetracked this morning by reading this posting at the Moore's Lore blog. Read on through and click on the link at "a childhood marked by abuse". It is an inspirational story of a young man who overcame the abuse of a mother incapable of showing love to her child.

I and my siblings are all fortunate to have been raised in a loving family by parents who encouraged us to be who we were, and who we were capable of being. I, like Dana Blankenhorn, am a child of the Paul Winchell/Jerry Mahoney TV generation. I remember now of having heard somewhere of his other talents, the ones that had nothing to do with ventriloquism -- artist, inventor, author.

What does this have to do with Key West? Nothing, really. Indulge me.

No comments:

 
Use OpenDNS