Friday, October 07, 2005

Under Fire


Citizen's Voice of the Day

"Tonight my neighbors behind me rented their house to a Fantasy Fest party. The music is so loud it can be heard for blocks. I am sure the people at this party would not appreciate this in their own neighborhood. I would like to remind them this is a neighborhood of working families, take your party back to Atlantic Shores or Duval."



I was at this party and yes, the music was loud, perhaps louder than necessary, although it was being played between 6 and 9 PM and not into late night. It wasn't a Fantasy Fest party, it was a fundraiser for AIDS Help, Inc. for a candidate for Fantasy Fest Queen. The house wasn't rented, it was generously donated by the owner. The response of the caller to the Voice (I presume), rather than to drop by and ask that the music be softened, or even to call police and ask them to make the request, was to fire off loudly-exploding fireworks in the direction of the private compound in which the event was being held. The police eventually did come, in response to a call from the party's host, and eventually it all calmed down.

Can't we all just get along?

No comments:

 
Use OpenDNS