Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Musical Night

It's Sunday and we're off to hear the Messiah performed at the "Old Stone" Methodist Church on Eaton St., and afterwards to listen to Dotty Martin do Judy Garland in Larry Smith's Showcase at The Pier House.

The Messiah is an annual event here, sung by a volunteer choir of citizens to a full-house audience. It's near the beginning of a season full of music and theater, too much of it as I've said to possibly be able to attend more than a small fraction of it all.

Dottie is a lounge singer of a bygone era, retired here, experiencing some health problems, but a trouper still. We met her when she volunteered for a couple of the Gina for Queena events. She even loaned Janet a pair of her saddle shoes to wear at the Doo-Wop dance back in October. A very sweet lady. We're looking forward to hearing her interpretations of Garland, and hearing the song book itself.

We should be back in full operation tomorrow, back on the blogging straight-and-narrow. Red called me today to find out if I was alright, and why hadn't there been anything posted lately. "Red", I [should have] said, "I don't do this because I have to, I do it because I want to". Instead I said I was busy, and that I'd try to do better in the future. That's my standard defense when any one scolds me for something, "I'll try to do better in the future." It works, try it.

No comments:

 
Use OpenDNS