Saturday, May 27, 2006

Insomnia?

It's 1:30 AM and, for the first time in a while, I'm awake enough to be able to write a bit here. I'm not sure why I can't sleep. I'm figuring it might have to do with stopping smoking almost three weeks ago. I've been going to bed earlier, sleeping longer, and not staying waking up and staying up for a couple of hours during the night.

My work days are down to three, now that Janet is down to a three-day schedule herself. I'm still busy working on Community Land Trust and Bahama Village Consortium business. I continue to work with Captain Outrageous at his Gallery on Caroline Street for several hours each work day. He's become very computer-literate, picking up the minutiae of the technology "hands on", while simultaneously following the big picture as it is discussed in the Wall St. Journal, NY Times, and on the internet. I finished up projects with two other clients. Here's the end result of one. It's a web site done entirely as a blog entry, the first time I ever attempted to do that. It may also be the last. Very painstaking work.

We're preparing for our long-planned visit 'home' to New England for the month of June. It'll be our first time out of Florida since May of 2004, and one of the very few times we've left Key West for more than a couple of days in the past two years. A granddaughterly graduation is the official reason for making the trip, but it's also an opportunity to spend time with family we haven't seen much of during that same period of time.

We'll be back in early July, in time for the longest part of the 2006 hurricane season. Oh, yay!

OK, it's 2 AM. Now I'm tired. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip...read ya when you get back!

 
Use OpenDNS