Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bush Says US, Allies Must Confront Iran

Bush spoke at the Emirates Palace, at an opulent, gold-trimmed hotel where a suite goes for $2,450 a night. Built at a cost of $3 billion, the hotel is a kilometer long from end to end and has a 1.3 kilometer white sand beach - every grain of it imported from Algeria, according to Steven Pike, a spokesman at the U.S. Embassy here.
Half the audience was dressed in western attire and the other half in Arabic clothes - white robes and headdresses for men and black abayas, many with jeweled edges, for women.
...
After the speech, Bush ventured to a sprawling horse farm for a traditional desert dinner, outside of a tent set up in the sand. Large carpets with colorful red and white pillows were set up for the meal. Before eating, Bush was shown several prized falcons, and even took a turn holding one. When the bird moved suddenly, Bush jumped back a bit, but quickly recovered. "You're making him nervous," Bush told the assembled media. "He never had a press conference before."


Odds Are Growing for Economic Recession

And Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

1 comment:

Michela said...

Hi!!
I googled "the real key west" and you were the first link.
So i guess you live in Key West, and I'm visiting in February for the second time in a year. I'm just wondering what i should do while there?
It's going to be me (15) and my friend (17) on our own most of the time, her parents are kind of jerks and are going to be off in their own world.
My friend and I are both girls. We're just looking to have a lot of fun and not look like tourists. Do you have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate them!!
email me at fwae_@hotmail.com

 
Use OpenDNS