Saturday, April 26, 2008

Key West Picture Show

Friends we first met here during the first sojourn were running a company that produced event-centered advertising videos. One of them, Steve, is who posted the the video I put up yesterday of Admiral Finbar relating the history of the Conch Republic.

Steve recently sent me a link to this:



The "Related Videos" section on the YouTube page brings up a number of other interesting links.

The Edison film was posted by Quincy Perkins, a local film-maker who is also involved with the new Key West Picture Show. There's going to be an encore showing of the "Return of the Key West Picture Show" at the Tropic Cinema this Tuesday. The premiere was two weeks ago, but it sold out before we were able to get tickets; I'm going to try again today to get two tickets for the repeat showing.

And now, for your listening pleasure, the theme song for the original KWPS.

1 comment:

madrea said...

Please contact me thru email
madreamarie@gmail.com
I have a Captain Outrageous painting I would like some info about.

 
Use OpenDNS